THE MINISTRY OF THE WORD PT 2

In continuation of the earlier post on the ministry of the word, I have some few other points to make clear because there are a lot of things that we need to take advantage of by using the word. A man of the word is a man of Glory.
God said to me one evening, "the solution to all of man's needs are hid in seemingly mere words." this means that all the problems of the world, all the cries of the people can be solved with just one word (rhema). 

A man with the understanding of the word is a man with solutions. This is why Paul did not pray for money, health etc for the ephesians but instead he prayed for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of God and that the eyes of their understanding (mind) will be flooded with light. This is all we need to live victoriously and successfully in all aspects of life.
In view of this, God has selected ministers of his word who will perform the function of ministering this word to the people. Now understand this, we are all called to minister the word to ourselves but some are still babes and will need to be ministered to. For those suffering of sicknesses and diseases, their solution reside in someone who will give them the word. "He sent his word and it healed them of their diseases." Those needing money require just a word from someone. This reminds of a story in the bible. The prophet Elishah was at israel, and Israel was going through a terrible famine that some women had to boil their children to eat them. The King heard this and sent an assasin to Elishah, because he expected him to pray for the land. Elishah knew in his spirit what the King did. He told the elders of Israel what the King did and asked them to stop the assasin. But after a while, by then the King was in the room with Elishah, he said this evil is of the Lord. I.e. The assassin sent against him was of the Lord. Then he made one of the most controversial statement in the bible that most religious people will frown at. "why will I wait for the Lord any longer." Then  his next statement was also as controversial. He began in the next verse with "Thus says the Lord...." and went ahead to prophesy prosperity for the nation. It happened exactly as he said it.  (2Kings 6:25-7:17).
My interest here is why wait for the Lord any longer. Some people are waiting for God to change the situation, but God is waiting for you. In your family, academics, family, business, you are the prophet threre, why wait for the Lord any longer. Speak the word and frame your world. (Heb 11:3).
You see, Elisha pronounced his own word but called it the word of the Lord, not because he recieved the word of God himself, but because he realized his job description. You might be reading this and you probably have not realized your job description. you are the solution to the problem of many. you are the Jesus of the now, so speak God's word as God and change the situation. God said to me one time, "If i want to create the world again, i will just call one of you to do it all again." He was telling me, that he had given us the same power he used to create the world, the power of the word. know your job description and act accordingly. Rom 10:6-8 explains that the solution lies in the word of God in our mouth and heart (pls read it for yourself, its important).
I was in abuja and there was this talk of NUPENG strike which was going to result in scarcity of fuel. I was in the house going upstairs. He told me "I have given this to you to handle." so I went to pray concerning it. I got to my room, prayed and made declarations. The next day the strike was called off. How Nigeria would have been much better if the men of God could stand and pray for the country instead of criticising it. We are all waiting for someone to do the right thing. But we forget we are to pray the right thing into the hearts of men. I have learnt not to complain about something I can pray about, and bless God we can pray about anything. We are the prophets of our generation, of our country, of our family etc.
 "Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth. And the Lord said to me, Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
See, I have this day appointed you to the oversight of the nations and of the kingdoms to root out and pull down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant. (Jer 1:9-10)
Scriptures lke this could make someone crazy. Some people have been looking for job since but yet they haven't taking this particular job seriously. This means that we have been appointed as the oversight (Overseer, supervisor, monitor etc) of the nations, kingdoms etc. Yet you beg for a measely job. Yet you are miserable to eat food. Yet we walk in fear and do not come out in the evening. Yet we can't travel. But we are the oversight. Ah, God's people perish for lack of knowledge. How I wish many will come to this light.
When I think of the function of this oversight, I sigh and wonder, how can I ever be defeated. If you are reading this and you are wondering what do I do? How can I enjoy this benefit? Why haven't I been enjoying this much power? The answer is that you have been reading the word but not talking it. Faith is in 3 stages. Believing, talking and acting. You might say, I believe and I make my confession. But do you prove you believe your confessions by your actions? Faith without works is dead.
Its time the children of God take thei possession. Its time they begin to enjoy their authority and to control the world. Did you notice that all that God did to Jeremiah to give him that much power was just the word of God in his mouth not just in his heart. That's all you need to. Now, we have the Holy Ghost, we have the bible, that's all we need. Glory to God, I got all I need to victory.
So don't dull, gear up yourself and do that for which you were chosen.
"You did not choose, but I chose you and ordained you that you bear much fruit, and that your fruit should remain and that you shall ask what you will and it will be done unto you in my name (John 15:16-17.
God bless you. Stay tuned as God allows me to release more of his word to you.

Comments

Popular Posts