THE GLORY OF HIS PRESENCE

By the definition that the Holy Spirit gave me, the Glory of God refers to the different revelations of the identity of God. I was able to get some of the Hebrew synonyms of glory in the Old testament. It will help us have a clearer meaning of this glory.
Kabod - splendour; 
Paar - beautify, boast

hadar - magnificence, ornament, splendour, beauty, comeliness, majesty, honour.
Halal - to shine, make boast, give light, praise
Hode: grandeur, beauty, comeliness.
Shabach: Praise, commend, triumph
When we talk about the glory of God, we are talking of splendour, magnificence, beauty, comelineess, grandeur, majesty etc. We are this glory according to the bible (Eph 1:17) (Heb1:3) (Col1:15). Not only are we his glory, we are the brightness of his glory. i.e. we are the different revelation of the identity of God. We don't just show who God is, we show how He is. God makes himself known through us to the whole creation. This is the reason why we were made in his image and likeness. This is the central reason for creation. but alas, many are ignorant of this and are pursuing other things. Jesus said in John 17:21 "That they all may be one, (just)as you, father, are in me and i in you, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe and be convinced that you have sent me (amplified). I will expand on this later in another blog titled understanding the Kingdom of God. But God wants u to show his mighty power and identity to the whole world.
The Glory of God is also described as the influence of God. You'll see from Jn 1:14 that the glory of God is described as "full of grace" and "truth". Grace means divine influence and truth means reality. The secondary reason for our creation is to establish God's influence on the earth, showing forth God's glory on the earth.
When I study the moon, I sometimes find the moon surrounded by some kind of light round it and the moon being in the centre. God's Spirit revealed to me how alike man is in the spirit. There is a sort of aura (glory) around every man, an area of influence. This is not judged by physical distance but its a spiritual principle. Everything within your influence is under your glory. It could be what we eat, your academics, your family etc. We are increased from glory to glory, our glory can be increased, strengthened etc to the measure of the perfect glory of Christ. (2Cor 3:18).
It is important to know that this glory is not yours as a Christian but its the Father's glory radiating through you and in you. But all that the father has is yours, and he has given you this influence to function in, to subdue your world. God wants us to manifest this glory and influence our world completely, being victorious in everything we do. It was this glory that Jesus functioned in and calmed the storm, raised the dead, produced fish from nothing, fed thousands with little, called forth money. It bends the world to your will. To work in this glory is to be in charge. this is our mission, this is our purpose. Is there anything you cant subdue in your life? Is there something that you cant control yet, strengthen yourself. Jesus said, "let your light so shine among men so that all may see and glorify the father in heaven".
The presence of God can be within or without. In the old testament, God's presence was mostly without, the tabernacle, the temple, etc. You see the glory of God is always revealed through words (rhema). and this word is in us, we have become the word.  We are his tabernacle, his temple (1cor 6:19). His glory exist in us. That means that we carry this divine influence with us wherever we are. Imagine that!!! In my class, in my job, on my bed, i carry the presence. that means there is no place the devil will meet you or challenges that you are not loaded with divine influence. Haha, consciousness of this makes u a victor anywhere. We are witness of this glory, we are partakers of this glory. We are the fragrance of this glory, we spread it around. Some say God cannot share his glory with any man, but i guess they have not read Jn 17:22. He gave it to me, he didnt just share it, he gave it to me for free. Glory!!!!
The glory of His presence is the presence of God's glorious influence at work in me, through me, for me and around me. Christ in me the hope of glory. If this glory is revealed through words, that means that the more I speak God's word, the more of the glory and influence of those words are activated in my life. So I declare boldly, "I am the glory of God, He made me his glory," I am the righteousness of God, his holiness,". I am the proof of  God's existence and capabilities." I am thee express image of his person. I make God visible to my world. My world does not know God until I reveal him through me, I refuse to be anything else but the brightness of his light. God is in me and I am in him, and we are one flesh. I influence my world with that divine influence. Glory to God!!!

Comments

Popular Posts