TRUTH ABOUT PROSPERITY PT 2THE BLESSINGS OF ABRAHAM

In my earlier post, I taught on the bliblical proofs that God wants us to prosper. I also defined prosperity and what it really means. Now, I want to take this a little higher. I want to use the blessings of Abraham to highlight prosperity in the life of a christian.Now from studying the book of Genesis, I began to understand the life of Abraham more clearly. Sometimes going back to the top might be the best way to define something."Now the Lord had said unto Abram, get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: and I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." (Gen 12:1-3).This blessing was fulfilled in Abraham's life immediately 'cos he obeyed the word of the Lord immediately. Let's take a look at the blessings a little closer, because it defined Abraham's life.And I will make thee a great nation...Pastor Chris defined the term nation as a group of people bound by a common vision. Now God doesn't just make him a nation, he made him great. This greatness manifested himself in a way that all that revolved around Abraham was just greatness to him. I f God declares you great, everything will work to manifest that to you. As seeds of Abraham, we have this greatness in our spirit. Everything that happens around us, or for us seeks to achieve that exact aim. God has made us a great nation. You are not one person, but you will multiply to be a people. God will hook you up with people of same vision with you.And I will bless thee  and make thy name great...I like the Amplified bibe translation...and I will bless you (with abundant increase of favors) and make your name famous and distinguished...This means that God has bestowed upon us abundant of increased favors. No wonder Paul says, all things work together to them that love God..You are favored on every side. You can never be disadvantaged because there is a mark of increased favor in your life. The bible also says the "sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night". I interprete that script to mean that God desires that we have Ac continually. (hahha). This is a blessing of God. But he didn't stop there, he also said he will make our name great. Amplified says he will make our name famous and distinguished. Now this doesn't mean that you shouldstrive for fame, but it means that as we do the master's business in humility, he himself will honor us and give us a place of honor. No one can honor like our father in heaven Jesus answered, If I were to glorify myself , I would have no real glory, for my glory would be nothing and worthless. It is my father who glorifies me, of whom you say he is your God. (Jn 8:54).I found out that each time I glorify God in my life focusing on proclaiming his name, He proclaims my name too. He makes people honor me and respect me. Sometimes it gets too much, and I will ask him. You see each time we lift him up, he lifts us up. (Jn 17:1). ... And thou shalt be a blessing..Bishop David Oyedepo said once, God will not bless you until you are ready to be a blessing. God has blessed us to be a blessing. To be a blessing is for our cup to run over. This means an overflow of his blessing.And God is able to make all grace abound toward yoi; that ye always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.It must be noted that God will not release his abundant blessing until you are ready to bless others. God is a blessed God, he is so full of blessings that He is a blessing. But he is looking for people like him, who are blessings. So many are ready to be blessed, always asking for different petitions. They are always asking "bless me, Lord". They are like little kids, and you know God will only release what I call, chew gum blessings to these people. But if you have grown up to maturehood, unto sonship, you will be in the father's business of blessing. And in this case, he doesn't give you money for chew gum, he gives you partnership into the company's account. And we all know this account. It is the wealth of the nations.The result of the blessings of God on Abraham was the increased riches, health, strength. He was favored amongst men. He had so much wealth that even his nephew, Lot became wealthy too just by been with Abraham. The blessings of God is contagious, Just by that family relations, Lot was included in that blessing. The blessing of the Lord is not that you will be blessed alone, but that all that wish you well will be blessed. Those who do you good is blessed, those who serve you will be blessed.Now Isaac inherited Abraham's blessings by reason of birth (Gen 26:1-5). He was the child of promise not Ishmael. Ishmael still was blessed but he didn't have the promise of the blessing.Isaac gre so well that a whole kingdom were envious of him (Gen 26:12-16). The king of the phillistines begged him to leave them because he was mightier than them. There is something about a man on whom the blessings of God is upon, it doesn't matter the adversity, you will have the solution. All abraham's well, te phillistines filled with earth. Now Isaac dug new well, they will strive with him. He left tha area and dug another well, they also strove with him. (Gen 26:18-24). I have always learnt not to drag anything with any man because the world is big. If you have prosperity, you can't lack anything. Abimelech, King of the Phillistine, who had rejected Isaac and pushed him away from his land, came to Isaac to beg him and to make alliance with him. You see, if you have prosperity, even your enemies who work against you will beg you for an alliance. (Gen 26:26-29).We have to work with this consciousness about this. This is a blessing that God has released in the now. Next post, will be looking into this blessing in the life of Jacob and Joseph.

Comments

Popular Posts